Feel safer while showering or bathing!
More than one in three seniors over the age of 65 fall each year, and the National Institute for aging says 80% of these falls are in the bathroom. Due to a multitude of unforgiving and slippery surfaces. Bathrooms are very hazardous for the home. Knowing how to get in and out of tubs and showers properly and equipping homes with necessary safety precautions can reduce senior falls, keep them out of the emergency room, and extend their lives.
Learn popular bathroom safety tips and tricks:
- Door - Never lock the bathroom door. You could prevent help from reaching you quickly
- Floor - Use a slip-resistant rug in front of the shower or bathtub and immediately clean up wet floor
- Sink - Use a slip-resistant rug in front of the sink and install a grab bar near the sink. Never grab the sink or towel rack for support
- Toilet - Use a raised toilet seat for seating assistance as well as support arms or grab bars
- Shower or bathtub - Use a bath seat or transfer bench with a hand-held shower for seated bathing. Be sure to add a tub grab bar or wall grab bar for assistance entering and exiting the bathing or shower area. Don't forget a non-skid mat or adhesive strips on the bathtub or shower floor
Shop all our bathroom products!
If you have questions about any of our bathroom products, call us today! We offer consultations on usage, information, and designs!